Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada


Controlled Goods Regulations

Version of section 18 from 2016-06-22 to 2024-06-19:

 A registered person may apply to exempt a temporary worker, international student or visitor from registration by sending to the Minister, on a form supplied by the Minister, an application that contains

  • (a) the name of the registered person;

  • (b) the name, any previous names, date of birth and citizenships of the temporary worker, international student or visitor;

  • (c) in the case of a visitor, their address and the name and address of their employer, if applicable;

  • (d) a description, including the country of origin if other than Canada, of the controlled goods that the temporary worker, the international student or the visitor will examine, possess or transfer;

  • (e) the expected duration of the temporary worker’s employment or of the international student’s placement with the registered person or the expected duration and purpose of the visit; and

  • (f) a statement signed and dated by the designated official, stating that

    • (i) the individual for whom the exemption is being sought meets the requirements of the definition of temporary worker, international student or visitor, as the case may be,

    • (ii) in the case of a temporary worker or international student, the designated official has contacted their personal references, and

    • (iii) the information contained in and accompanying the application is accurate and complete.

  • SOR/2016-201, s. 12

Date modified: