Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada


Controlled Goods Regulations

Version of section 18 from 2006-03-22 to 2016-06-21:

 A registered person may apply to exempt a temporary worker or a visitor from registration by sending to the Minister an application on a form supplied by the Minister that contains

  • (a) the name of the registered person;

  • (b) the full name, date of birth and citizenship of the temporary worker or visitor, as the case may be;

  • (c) in the case of a temporary worker, their consent to a security assessment together with evidence that they may be lawfully employed in Canada;

  • (d) in the case of a visitor, the name and address of the visitor's employer, if applicable;

  • (e) a description, including the country of origin if other than Canada, of the controlled goods that the temporary worker or visitor will examine, possess or transfer;

  • (f) the expected duration of the employment or the expected duration and purpose of the visit;

  • (g) in the case of a temporary worker, evidence of their places of residence, their employment and educational histories and personal references in respect of the five-year period immediately before the date of their consent to the security assessment;

  • (h) in the case of a temporary worker, an evaluation by the designated official of the registered person as to the honesty, reliability and trustworthiness of the temporary worker; and

  • (i) a statement signed and dated by the designated official stating that

    • (i) the individual for whom the exemption is being sought meets the requirements of the definition of temporary worker or visitor, as the case may be, and

    • (ii) the information contained in the application is true, complete and correct.

Date modified: