Special Services Regulations (C.R.C., c. 478)
- HTMLFull Document: Special Services Regulations (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Special Services Regulations [8 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Special Services Regulations [191 KB]
Regulations are current to 2023-05-17
Special Services Regulations
C.R.C., c. 478
Regulations Respecting Special Customs and Excise Services
1 These Regulations may be cited as the Special Services Regulations.
2 In these Regulations,
- authorized hours
authorized hours, in respect of any location at which customs and excise services may be provided and in respect of any such service, means the hours of service prescribed by the Deputy Minister for that service at that location; (heures autorisées)
- Deputy Minister
Deputy Minister means the Deputy Minister of National Revenue for Customs and Excise; (sous-ministre)
Minister means the Minister of National Revenue; (Ministre)
- special services
special services means customs and excise services
(a) provided at any time upon request by any person therefor and approved by the Deputy Minister,
(b) provided at any time by a person in a supervisory capacity at an establishment licensed under the Excise Act or at a bonded warehouse, or
(c) provided in connection with
(i) the acceptance outside authorized hours of reports from operators of aircraft, trains, vessels or motor vehicles, and
(ii) the examination of persons and the examination and release or other disposition of goods conveyed on aircraft, trains, vessels or motor vehicles,
but does not include
(d) services provided by an officer at a distillery, brewery, tobacco manufactory, cigar manufactory or a tobacco packer licensed under the Excise Act during a regular 8-hour period prescribed by the Deputy Minister for each day of the week except Saturday and Sunday and any holiday,
(e) the examination or documentation at any time of military aircraft, vessels or motor vehicles, or
(f) the examination of the effects of a settler or a returning resident of Canada during authorized hours at a destination within a port area. (services spéciaux)
3 (1) Every person for whom a special service is provided shall
(a) pay in respect of that service a charge of
(i) for the first 2 hours or portion thereof $54; and
(ii) for each hour or portion thereof in excess of 2 hours $27; and
(b) provide or pay for the transportation and living expenses of, and suitable accommodation for, each officer required to render such service.
(2) Where more than one officer is engaged in performing a special service, the time spent in performing that service is, for the purposes of this section, the aggregate of the time spent by all the officers so engaged.
- SOR/83-924, s. 1
- SOR/84-932, s. 1
4 (1) The collector of customs and excise at a port from which a special service is requested may require the person requesting the service to deposit security for payment of the charges for that service.
(2) The security referred to in subsection (1) shall be in the form of cash, a certified cheque, Government of Canada bonds or a general bond entered into with Her Majesty, in an amount prescribed by the collector, which amount shall not exceed the estimated charges of the service.
- Date modified: