Competition Tribunal Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. 19 (2nd Supp.))
- HTMLFull Document: Competition Tribunal Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Competition Tribunal Act [40 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Competition Tribunal Act [211 KB]
Act current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2014-11-01. Previous Versions
PART IICombines Investigation Act
18 to 45 [Amendments]
PART IIIConsequential Amendments
Access to Information Act
47 and 48 [Amendments]
Energy Supplies Emergency Act
Farm Products Marketing Agencies Act
National Transportation Act
Public Service Staff Relations Act
Public Service Superannuation Act
Shipping Conferences Exemption Act
55 to 58 [Amendments]
Marginal note:References to s. 114 of Canada Corporations Act
59 (1) Wherever in any Act of Parliament a reference is made to section 114 of the Canada Corporations Act, chapter C-32 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1970, in respect of a company or corporation, sections 229 to 234, 236 to 240 and 242 of the Canada Business Corporations Act apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, in respect of that company or corporation.
(2) In construing the sections of the Canada Business Corporations Act made applicable to a company or corporation under this section, in the case of a company, or corporation, incorporated without share capital, security holder, or registered holder or beneficial owner in relation to a security, means a member of the company or corporation.
Marginal note:Powers of Directors
(3) A Director or Deputy Director appointed under section 260 of the Canada Business Corporations Act may, for the purpose of giving effect to this section with respect to the application of sections 229 to 234, 236 to 240 and 242 of that Act, exercise the powers and perform the functions and duties of the Director under those sections.
- R.S., 1985, c. 19 (2nd Supp.), s. 59
- 1994, c. 24, s. 34(F)
PART IVTransitional and Coming into Force
60 (1) [Repealed, SI/91-111]
Marginal note:Old law applicable
(2) For the purposes of any inquiry or other matter or proceeding referred to in subsection (1), the Combines Investigation Act and any other Act of Parliament amended by this Act shall be read as if this Act had not come into force.
Marginal note:Members of the Commission may be appointed to Tribunal
(3) While the members continue in office in accordance with this section, they may, if so appointed, hold office as members of the Competition Tribunal, but any person who, pursuant to this subsection, holds more than one office is entitled to be remunerated only in respect of one of those offices.
(4) The Governor in Council may, by proclamation, repeal subsection (1) when the Governor in Council is satisfied that the Commission no longer has any inquiry or other matter or proceeding referred to in subsection (1) before it and that the Commission has reported to the Minister of Consumer and Corporate Affairs in respect of all inquiries before it.
- R.S., 1985, c. 19 (2nd Supp.), s. 60
Marginal note:Orders of the Commission
61 For the purposes of the Competition Act, as amended by this Act, an order of the Restrictive Trade Practices Commission under Part V, as it read immediately prior to the coming into force of section 29 of this Act, or pursuant to subsection 60(1) shall be deemed to be an order of the Competition Tribunal under the Competition Act.
Marginal note:Coming into force
Footnote *62 This Act or any provision thereof, or any provision of the Combines Investigation Act as amended or enacted by this Act, shall come into force on a day or days to be fixed by proclamation.
Return to footnote *[Note: Act, except sections 108 to 123, as enacted by section 45, in force June 19, 1986, see SI/86-109; sections 108 to 123, as enacted by section 45, in force July 15, 1987, see SI/87-139.]
- Date modified: