Wrecked, Abandoned or Hazardous Vessels Act (S.C. 2019, c. 1)
- HTMLFull Document: Wrecked, Abandoned or Hazardous Vessels Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- PDFFull Document: Wrecked, Abandoned or Hazardous Vessels Act [1145 KB]
Assented to 2019-02-28
PART 8Transitional Provision and Related and Consequential Amendments (continued)
Consequential Amendments (continued)
2001, c. 26Canada Shipping Act, 2001 (continued)
Marginal note:2005, c. 2, s. 8
(2) Subsection 150(2) of the Act is repealed.
145 Paragraph 152(1)(b) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(b) a provision of the regulations made under paragraph 150(1)(c).
Marginal note:2005, c. 2, s. 9, c. 29, s. 19
146 Part 7 of the Act is repealed.
Marginal note:2014, c. 29, s. 72
147 Paragraphs (a) and (b) of the definition relevant provision in section 210 of the Act are replaced with the following:
(a) subsection 40(1) with respect to a provision of the regulations made under paragraph 35(1)(e) in relation to Part 10 (Pleasure Craft); and
(b) a provision of Part 5 (Navigation Services) or 10 (Pleasure Craft) or a provision of any regulation made under either of those Parts, except a provision of the regulations made under paragraph 136(1)(f) in so far as it applies in respect of Canadian vessels or foreign vessels. (disposition visée)
148 Subsection 226(1) of the Act is repealed.
149 Paragraph 244(d) of the Act is repealed.
Marginal note:2014, c. 29, s. 77
150 Section 268.1 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Crown not relieved
268.1 Subsections 11(5) and 12(5), section 45 and subsection 195(3) do not, by reason of section 10 of the Crown Liability and Proceedings Act, relieve the Crown of liability in respect of a tort or extracontractual civil liability to which the Crown would otherwise be subject.
151 Schedule 3 to the Act is repealed.
2001, c. 29Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada Act
Marginal note:2001, c. 29, s. 71
152 Subsection 2(2) of the Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Jurisdiction generally
(2) The Tribunal has jurisdiction in respect of reviews and appeals as expressly provided for under the Wrecked, Abandoned or Hazardous Vessels Act, the Aeronautics Act, the Canada Shipping Act, 2001, the Marine Transportation Security Act, the Railway Safety Act and any other federal Act regarding transportation.
Marginal note:Review by committee
153 (1) As soon as possible after the fifth anniversary of the day on which section 4 comes into force, the provisions of this Act are to be referred to the committee of the Senate, of the House of Commons or of both Houses of Parliament that may be designated or established for the purpose of reviewing the provisions.
(2) The committee to which the provisions are referred is to review them and the operation of this Act and submit a report to the House or Houses of Parliament of which it is a committee, including a statement setting out any changes to the provisions that the committee recommends.
PART 10Coming into Force
Marginal note:Order in council
- Date modified: