Food and Drug Regulations
(2) The maximum feasible volume of red blood cell suspension shall be returned to a donor before another unit of whole blood is collected from him.
(3) If the red blood cell suspension of the first collection of whole blood cannot be returned to the donor, then no further collection of blood shall be made for three months.
(4) No more than two donations of plasma shall be collected from a donor within any 48-hour period.
(5) No more than four donations of plasma shall be collected from a donor within any seven-day period.
(6) The maximum quantity of whole blood, not including anticoagulant, that may be collected by plasmapheresis from a donor within any six-month period is
- SOR/78-545, s. 1
- SOR/85-1022, s. 7
- Date modified: