Health of Animals Regulations
183 (1) A bison or a bovine may be transported from its farm of origin without having an approved tag applied to it to a site for the purpose of having an approved tag applied to it at that site if
(a) the name and address of the site is on the list that sets out tagging sites approved by the responsible administrator and is published on that administrator’s web site; and
(b) an approved tag issued to the farm of origin under subsection 174(1) will be supplied, along with the bison or bovine, by the operator of the farm of origin or, through a prior arrangement with the manager of the tagging site, will be issued and applied to the bison or bovine at the tagging site.
(2) The manager of a tagging site shall
(a) ensure that the bison or bovine is not mixed with any other person’s animals that do not bear approved tags;
(b) ensure that the approved tag is applied to the bison or bovine immediately after it arrives at the site; and
(c) keep records, and make them available on request to the responsible administrator, of enough information about the bison or bovines received at the site to enable their origin to be traced, including
(i) the names and addresses of the owners or persons having the possession, care or control of the animals before the transportation of the animals to the site,
(ii) the dates of the arrival of the animals at the site, and
(iii) the identification numbers on the approved tags applied to the animals and the dates of the application of those tags to the animals.
(3) The responsible administrator shall approve a site for inclusion on the list of approved tagging sites, on application from the manager of the site, if the manager has stated in writing that
(a) the manager understands the requirements of subsection (2); and
(b) the equipment and facilities at the site are adequate to enable the application of an approved tag to a bison or bovine without endangering its safety or the safety of the personnel at the site.
(4) If the manager of a tagging site does not comply with subsection (2) or (3), the responsible administrator shall remove the name and address of the tagging site from the list of approved tagging sites if
(a) the responsible administrator has caused to be delivered to the manager of the tagging site a notice that
(i) describes the non-compliance, and
(ii) specifies the period within which the manager may rectify the non-compliance;
(b) the person has not rectified the non-compliance within the period specified in the notice; and
(c) the person has been given an opportunity to be heard in respect of the proposed removal.
(5) If the responsible administrator removes the name and address of the tagging site from the list, that administrator shall, without delay,
(a) notify the manager of the tagging site that the name and address have been removed from the list; and
(b) cause a notice of the removal to be published on its web site.
(6) If the name and address of a tagging site have been removed from the list, the manager of the site may reapply under subsection (3) to have the site approved as a tagging site.
- SOR/2000-416, s. 1
- SOR/2003-409, s. 6
- SOR/2005-192, s. 9
- SOR/2014-23, s. 16
- SOR/2015-55, s. 10(F)
- Date modified: