Health of Animals Regulations
183 (1) Subject to subsection (5), a bison or a bovine may be moved from its farm of origin, without having an approved tag applied to it, to a site for the purpose of having an approved tag applied to the animal at that site if
(a) the person who manages the site has previously provided the administrator with a statement containing the name and address of the site and an undertaking that the person will comply with the requirements of paragraphs (c) to (e);
(b) the operator of the farm of origin supplies, along with the bison or bovine, the approved tag issued to that operator under subsection 174(1), or a prior arrangement has been made by the operator of the farm of origin with the person who manages the tagging site to have approved tags applied at that site;
(c) the bison or bovine is not mixed with any other person’s animals that do not bear approved tags;
(d) the approved tag referred to in paragraph (b) is applied to the bison or bovine immediately after it is received at the site; and
(e) the person who manages the site keeps records, and makes them available to the administrator on request, of enough information about the origin of the bison or bovines received there to enable their origin to be traced, including
(i) the names and addresses of the owners or persons having the possession, care or control of the animals when they are brought to the site,
(ii) the dates when the animals are brought to the site, and
(iii) the numbers of the approved tags that are applied to the animals and the dates when the approved tags are applied to the animals.
(2) The person who manages a tagging site shall tag all bison or bovines brought to the site that do not already bear an approved tag.
(3) Every person who gives an undertaking referred to in paragraph (1)(a) to comply with the requirements of paragraphs (1)(c) to (e) shall comply with those requirements.
(4) [Repealed, SOR/2005-192, s. 9]
(5) If a person fails to comply with subsection (3), the Minister may order the person not to receive any bison or bovines at the site referred to in subsection (1) for the purpose of applying approved tags to them at that site.
(6) [Repealed, SOR/2005-192, s. 9]
(7) An order issued under subsection (5) is effective for the period specified in the order.
(8) A person who receives an order under subsection (5) must comply with it.
(9) The Minister shall not issue an order to a person under subsection (5) unless
(a) a notice has been delivered to the person
(i) informing the person that the Minister proposes to issue the order, and
(ii) identifying the requirement that the person has not complied with; and
(b) the person has been given an opportunity to be heard in respect of the non-compliance within the period specified in the notice.
(10) The Minister shall have the notice published in a newspaper of general circulation in the community where the site referred to in subsection (1) is located.
- SOR/2000-416, s. 1
- SOR/2003-409, s. 6
- SOR/2005-192, s. 9
- Date modified: