Excise Tax Act
Marginal note:Information or complaint
332 (1) An information or complaint under this Part may be laid or made by any officer of the Canada Revenue Agency, by a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police or by any person authorized to do so by the Minister and, where an information or complaint purports to have been laid or made under this Part, it shall be deemed to have been laid or made by a person so authorized by the Minister and shall not be called in question for lack of authority of the informant or complainant, except by the Minister or a person acting for the Minister or for Her Majesty in right of Canada.
Marginal note:Two or more offences
(2) An information or complaint in respect of an offence under this Part may be for one or more offences and no information, complaint, warrant, conviction or other proceeding in a prosecution under this Part is objectionable or insufficient by reason of the fact that it relates to two or more offences.
Marginal note:Territorial jurisdiction
(3) An information or complaint in respect of an offence under this Part may be heard, tried or determined by any court where the accused is resident, carrying on a commercial activity, found or apprehended or is in custody within its territorial jurisdiction notwithstanding the matter of the information or complaint did not arise within its territorial jurisdiction.
Marginal note:Limitation of prosecutions
(4) An information or complaint under the provisions of the Criminal Code relating to summary convictions, in respect of an offence under this Part, may be laid or made on or before the day that is eight years after the day the matter of the information or complaint arose.
- [NOTE: Application provisions are not included in the consolidated text
- see relevant amending Acts and regulations.]
- 1990, c. 45, s. 12
- 1999, c. 17, s. 156
- 2017, c. 33, s. 161
- Date modified: