Canada Shipping Act, 2001
26 (1) For the purpose of ensuring the safety of the marine industry, the Marine Technical Review Board is hereby established to make decisions on applications for an exemption from, or the replacement of, any requirement under the regulations in respect of a Canadian vessel or in respect of the issuance of a Canadian maritime document to a person, other than one with respect to fees.
Marginal note:Members of the Board
(2) The Board consists of a Chair, a National Vice-Chair and a maximum of five Regional Vice-Chairs.
(3) The Chair is appointed by the Minister of Transport and must be an employee of the Department of Transport who has expertise in marine matters.
(4) The Vice-Chairs are appointed by the Chair and must be employees of the Department of Transport who have expertise in marine matters.
(5) The Chair may delegate the Chair’s powers and duties to the National Vice-Chair.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity
(6) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chair or if the office of Chair is vacant, the National Vice-Chair may exercise all the powers and perform all the duties of the Chair.
- Date modified: